General business start-up activities include but are not limited to:
- Determine the business you want to start and assess:
- Your qualifications for that business
- The feasibility of making that business profitable.
- Assess your customer base, market base and know your competitors.
- Develop a business plan that outlines the key aspects of your business venture.
- Seek technical assistance to develop the business plan.
- Determine the costs associated with starting your business and project these costs for a period of at least 3 years.
- Determine the licensing and/or registration requirements at both the local and state level based on the type of business you are considering.